I’m a research statistician currently studying at Queensland University of Technology. My PhD focusses on sequential Monte Carlo (SMC) methods.
My main areas of interest are:
- Bayesian computation
- Bayesian methods
- multilevel / hierarchical models and regularisation
- constrained non-linear regression
- “Applying BART for causal treatment effect models in social science” (and R package) with S Kalucza and M O’Flaherty
- “Bayesian regularisation from stochastic constraints”
- “Bayesian computational methods for cognitive psychological models” with T Ballard
- “Semi-infinite programming in R”
Selected Journal articles
- “Accelerating sequential Monte Carlo with surrogate likelihoods” (2021) Statistics and Computing https://doi.org/10.1007/s11222-021-10036-4 with A Lee, and C Drovandi.
- “Analysing Sensitive Data from Dynamically-Generated Overlapping Contingency Tables” (2020). Journal of Official Statistics https://doi.org/10.2478/jos-2020-0015 with B Baffour, M Spallek and M Haynes.
- “Polling bias and undecided voter allocations: US Presidential elections, 2004 - 2016” (2019). Journal of the Royal Statistical Society (Series A) https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/rssa.12414 with T Ballard and B Baffour.
- “Fitting monotone polynomials in mixed effects models” (2019). Statistics and Computing https://doi.org/10.1007/s11222-017-9797-8 with BA Turlach and K Murray.
See Publications for more details.